Welcome to our first draft of the Civil Society Enabling Environment Index (EE Index). Working with experts, the team at CIVICUS has been trying to work out a way of describing and assessing the conditions faced by civil society around the world. This has proved no easy task for a number of conceptual and technical challenges. What you see here is a working draft on which we want your feedback.
Below are links to a number of documents that present our work so far as well some commentary. We would like to receive feedback by 7 June 2013 so that we can use it to inform the next phase of our work. Please use the feedback form (link) to send your feedback to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this work.
Please note that the scores and rankings presented in these documents are only tentative, and will most likely change as we refine the EE Index.
1. The draft EE Index consists of:
- Methodological note on the CIVICUS’ Civil Society Enabling Environment Index (link)
- Dimensions and Indicators Table (link)
- Draft Scores and Ranking (link)
2. Consultation Guide
- Consultation Guide (link)
- Annex 1: List of Index Advisory Group (IAG) (link)
- Annex 2: Comments by Brian Tomlinson (link)
- Annex 3: Comments by Leonardo Arriola (link)
- Annex 4: Response by Lorenzo Fioramonti (link)